Analytics data governance is the solution you need to turn your data into a business asset that creates competitive advantage and helps you ensure your organization is truly data-driven.
What is Analytics Data Governance?Analytics data governance is a continual, concerted effort with executive buy-in to establish strategic vision and oversight over the goals, communication, policies, processes, measurement, and management of data in an organization. The objective is to empower decision makers with competitive analytics insights, build competitive advantage and reduce risks. When done strategically, data governance drives substantial business value while also significantly decreasing risk.
Governance Drives Value, Lowers RiskOrganizations without a sound approach to Data Governance often experience:
• Lack of strategic alignment
• Duplication of efforts
• Bad decision-making due to incomplete models • PR issues because of breaches in security
• Lack of innovation and optimization
• Siloed data, people, technology, and processes
• Limited sharing of results and insights
DMG's Approach to Data Governance
Goals and Objectives of Analytics Data Governance
• Develop strategies, goals, policies, & processes
• Establish roles, set expectations, and create accountability
• Manage and increase analytics maturity
• Plan, sponsor, and oversee analytics projects
• Manage data quality, and resolve data related issues
• Promote the value of data and vision for analytics
• Manage data mining models and tools
• Provide training and best practices for decision-making
• Share insights and results across the organization
• Support self-serve analytics capabilities for business users
Moving Up the Analytics Data Governance Maturity CurveNo matter where you are on the maturity curve, DMG can help you move higher up with your policies, procedures, and strategies.
A Lean Approach to Data GovernanceDeveloping your Data Governance approach with a focus on Lean Process improvements and Data Architecture is a highly effective way to quickly drive improved data quality and reliability in your organization. The cost associated with ensuring data quality can be high, and with the rapid increase in the volume of data that organizations need to manage, they must identify where to focus data improvement efforts to ensure consistent policies and practices. While Data Governance is a requirement for implementing Big Data Warehouses, Data Warehouses, or Master Data Management solutions, it is frequently implemented and executed as part of an organizational effort to improve overall data quality for more accurate, actionable analytics.
Data Governance With DMG
DMG can help define and implement a Data Governance model that aligns and integrates with existing change management processes. We assess current data management capabilities, data quality, and data infrastructure, then use this current state as a baseline to identify any gaps. For many customers, we provide a roadmap and support for the ramp up and operation of your Data Governance capabilities.
Deliverables in a standard Data Governance initiative consist of:
• Current state of your Data Governance framework
• Target state of your Data Governance framework
• Assumptions made to reach the target state
• Decisions that must be made to reach target state
• Open issues to be resolved to reach target state
• Data Governance maturity models
• Data Governance scorecards
• Associated metrics to track success
Deliverables are at the enterprise, department, or solution level based on your organization’s specific needs and requirements. To learn more about how DMG can assist you, please schedule a complimentary consultation below.